Weishuhn Engineering, Inc. has over 20 years of experience in wastewater design, permitting, installation and compliance pursuant to the Texas Pollution Discharge Elimination System rule (TPDES) (30 TAC 317) and the Onsite Sewage Facility Rule (OSSF or Septic) (30 TAC 285).
Domestic wastewater flows greater than 5,000 gallons per day and all industrial wastewater flows are subject to the Texas Pollution Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) rule. Domestic wastewater flows less than 5,000 gallons per day are subject to the Onsite Sewage Facility (OSSF) rule. We can permit and design systems for surface water discharge or surface spray application.
Domestic TPDES Experience
- Jordan Ranch, Engle, Texas
- Pine Cove Corporation, Colorado County, Texas
- Ellinger Sewer and Water Supply Corporation, Ellinger, Texas
- Corix Camp Swift Treatment Plant Evaluation, Bastrop, Texas
- Lone Star Jellystone RV Park Camp Resort, Hempstead, Texas
- Exterran, Columbus Texas Facility
- City of Fayetteville, Texas
- Town of Round Top, Texas
Industrial TPDES Experience
- Postive Feed, Inc. Sealy, Texas – WEI has been retained by the feed production company to conduct the semiannual monitoring and reporting required by their TPDES permit as well as to complete their TPDES renewals for their facility in Austin County Texas.
- Bellville Tube/United State Steel, Bellville, Texas
WEI focuses on designing, permitting and construction management of On Site Sewerage Facilities (OSSF) in Colorado, Fayette, Austin, Lavaca, Wharton and Waller counties, but has completed projects from central Texas to the Gulf Coast. Our projects range from residential projects rated for a few hundred gallons per day to commercial facilities rated for nearly the maximum limit of 5,000 gallons per day. Some of our larger projects include the following:
- RB Ratcliffe & Associates Building Projects, Central Texas
- SPJST Environmental Nature Center, Fayette County, Texas
- Diversitech Corporation Manufacturing Facility, Domestic Wastewater flow, Columbus, Texas
- Jordan Ranch converted to a TPDES system, Engle, Texas
- Town of Round Top municipal treatment system converted to a TPDES system, Round Top, Texas
- Delta Tubular, Houston, Texas
- K&B Machine, Houston, Texas
- St. Roch Catholic Church, Diocese of Victoria, Mentz, Texas
- Chesapeake Oil Terminal Catarina, Texas
We are qualified to design, permit and install conventional septic systems, low pressure dose, mounded low pressure dose, aerobic with drip or spray disposal and sand filter based system.
Commonly Asked Questions about OSSF Facilities
1. How do I get a standard, gravity flow, conventional wastewater system (also known as a septic tank and trench system)?
Must have household wastewater source at least 42-inch vertical profile of soils that do not exhibit signs of seasonal ground water and are not silty clay or clay; or spend a lot of money for an evapotranspirative bed system.
2. When do I need a low pressure dose system?
When silty clay or clay soils are present in the top 42-inch vertical profile and no signs of seasonal ground water are present.
3. Why do I need an aerobic with spray treatment system?
High strength wastewater from a restaurant or signs of seasonal ground water are present at depths less than 36-inch below ground sources.
B-6098 On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems: Alternative Collection Systems
L-5227 Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems: Septic Tank/Soil Absorption Field
B-6171 Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems: Homeowner’s Guide to Evaluating Service Contract